The most refreshing way to start the day???
The way to start the day??
The answer will be different for us all, but for me right now, I have to say starting the day with exercise make’s a huge difference to me.
It gives me motivation to get up and start the day with something enjoyable.
At the moment that for me is a cycle of around 1 hour.
The positive action
I’m used to starting my day jumping straight into work and eating the frogs first, that is to say, tackling the hardest jobs first.
There are a couple of issues with that approach that I had actually never thought about until I started working from home:
- I’m not motivated in the mornings at all, I know im going to face difficulty and so I end up getting more motivated as the day goes on and I end up too switched on and ready to work at the end of the day.
- I don’t have a plan for the day, I just have a to-do list that I jump into head first.
Exercising first is a positive action that motivates me for the rest of the day:
- Exercise makes me feel good, this alone motivates me to get up in the morning
- I still have a to eat a frog — my 1 hour cycle, but its a physical challenge and that motivates me
- I have 1 hour to myself on my bike and during that time, my mind wanders and I actually strategize my day
Those frogs in the shape of tasks are still their to be eaten, but I have a plan for them and im mentally prepared for the day.
The fact that Im prepared for my work day, and also I have the motivation from the exercise, my mornings are much more productive and I actually feel tired at the end of the day.
I also have a routine which helps me feel grounded.
The negatives for me exist only on the days I decide not to exercise in the morning.
On those days I have less energy, im less motivated and I get less done.
Everyone is different and what works for you, wont work me and vice versa.
What I have found is a routine that is working for me, that im getting alot of motivation from.
The days I decide to stay in bed, I feel worse than the days I get up and at em.
My days are happier and more productive, which is a fantastic reason to keep going and to embrace a healthy lifestyle.